Recommendations for professionals.
SEVASA glass is a natural durable material, which remains unaffected through time, without losing its qualities or attributes. It only needs correct handling and minimal maintenance to last almost an eternity.
However, glass is glass.
And it can be broken, scratched and stained during transformation, handling, storage, transport and installation processes, where machinery and aggressive chemical products are used and when the glass is not protected correctly.
To avoid this, SEVASA recommends:
- Wash with clean water. Do not use abrasive products. Do not use alkaline products or those derived from petroleum (such as petrol) and never use hydrofluoric acid or phosphoric acid.
- Do not use razors or metal brushes that could scratch the surface.
- Avoid cleaning the glass in direct sunlight or when the glass is hot.
For more information on cleaning see Maintenance.
- Store the glass in a dry place to prevent oxidation, protect from sun and dust.
- It is advisable to place a drying material between the sheets.
- If the glass gets wet, it must be unpacked, dried and stored with separators to allow air between the panels.
- It is advisable to store the glass with a four degree inclination from vertical, placing the base of the sheet before leaning it on another one to avoid scratches.
Recommendations for transforming (*)
- Laminating: the treated side should face outwards.
- Strait or circular cuts, bevelled, ground, perforated, V-grooving and bevelling: It is worked like float glass, on a clean cutting table. It is recommended you position the glass satin side up on the cutting table.
- Curving: it can be curved on both sides of the float.
- Silk-screen printing: both sides can be silk-screen printed.
- Silver layer: preferably on the untreated side.
- Layer of lacquer: referably on the untreated side. See LuxMat Laquée.
- Double glazing: the treated side should preferably be faced inwards in the assembly for easier maintenance. The use of silicone for the double-glazing joint is not permitted when the satin side is in position 2 or 3.
Recommendations for installation (*):
- In humid areas (bath screen, shower screens, etc.) it is advisable to install the treated side facing outwards: when wet it becomes transparent until it dries.
- Protect from accidental splashes of acids, products for cleaning metal, walls or masonry and also from welding. Remove all cement remains, adhesives or labels and paint.
- When installed and fitted correctly, SEVASA glass products do not need special precaution measures. They remain unaffected through time.